Founded in 1903, the Truro Golf Club is entering its second century of great golf. Originally a simple 9 hole layout, in 1930 the course was remodeled into a championship 9 hole layout by the famous golf course architect Stanley Thompson. It was expanded to 18 holes in 1967 and was again renovated in 1985 to its present championship configuration.
The 6317 yd par 71 layout has well manicured fairways, white sand bunkers, and water in play on 10 of the 18 holes. This, along with the ever present winds off the Cobequid Basin offers an exciting challenge to golfers of all levels. Built mostly on marshland, the course is a very easy walk, but both pull and driving carts are available.
Open from mid-April through October, the course welcomes visitors and offers a well stocked pro shop, driving range, putting green, and restaurant.