History of the Truro Golf Club
The Truro Golf Course is one of the premier golf courses in central Nova Scotia.
Founded in 1903, the Truro Golf Club is entering its second century of great golf. Originally a simple 9 hole layout, in 1930 the course was remodeled into a championship 9 hole layout by the famous golf course architect Stanley Thompson. It was expanded to 18 holes in 1967 and was again renovated in 1985 to its present championship configuration.
It has been host to many tournaments over the years including the inaugural Maritime Amateur Championship in 1911, the 1975 Peter Jackson Championship, numerous Nova Scotia Amateur and Senior Amateur Championships, the Canadian Senior Championship in 1997, the Canadian Senior Match-play Championship in 2003 and most recently, the 2011 World Blind Championships were hosted at The Jewel of the Hub.
The 6317 yd par 71 layout has well manicured fairways, white sand bunkers, and water in play on 10 of the 18 holes. This, along with the ever present winds off the Cobequid Basin offers an exciting challenge to golfers of all levels. Built mostly on marshland, the course is a very easy walk, but both pull and driving carts are available.